Mewah Basmati Rice 1Kg
Basmati's aroma is as exotic as its origins. Basmati comes from the Hindi or Sanskrit word: "vasmati", meaning "fragrant". The long-grain nutty-flavoured and fluffy-textured rice has been cultivated and cherished in India for thousands of years, and goes deliciously with curries and other favourite Asian dishes—especially since it holds flavours so well!
Our MEWAH Premium-Grade Steam Pusa 1121 Basmati Rice is imported from India and features extra-long grains of 8mm and above.
Here are some great benefits of including MEWAH Basmati Rice into your everyday healthy diet:
- Low Glycemic Index for stable, longer lasting energy level (Helps in lowering the impact of raised glucose level and against diabetes)
- Essentially fat and cholesterol free, low in calories
- Exotic aroma with a soft and fluffy texture
- Can absorb and hold flavours well for tasty dish
- Ideal for daily dishes, local and international
Recommendation: Please keep rice in the refrigerator to preserve its freshness
1. Pour 2 cups of rice into inner pot and rinse the rice.
2. Add 2.5 cups of water for 2 cups of rice.
3. Add 1 teapoon of salt (optional).
4. Place the rice into the rice cooker and switch it on.
5. Do not lift the cover or stir while the rice is still cooking.
6. Once cooked, fluff the rice with a fork, then serve.